Please be advised …
Humboldt County Public Health strongly discourages all non-essential travel and recommends that anyone who travels outside of the county self-quarantine for 14 days upon return if, while traveling, a person engages in activities that increase risk of getting COVID-19.
These higher risk activities include:
• Spending time within 6 feet of people you do not live with, while not wearing masks — especially indoors.
• Traveling on planes, buses, trains, public transportation or other shared vehicles, if face masks were not worn at all times by both you and the other people in the vehicle, especially in situations without adequate air flow.
Our pledge to you: Humboldt County is taking every precaution possible to reduce the spread of the virus by implementing strict health and safety protocols throughout the region. Every business open has been through a county reopening process and display their certification certificates.
We ask you to be a respectful and considerate traveler and guest. Read the following information and tips to have the most enjoyable and stress-free experience.
Wear a Mask. Don’t make us ask.
Humboldt County Visitors Bureau
TRAVEL SAFELY. BE KIND. HAVE FUN.
FOR PLANNING YOUR TRIP
• Always wear a mask or face-covering when in public.
• Always wear a mask or face-covering when in stores and buildings.
• Be aware that Humboldt County has a small healthcare system.
• Keep six feet physical distance from others not in your family unit.
• Wash your hands often.
• Avoid touching your nose, mouth and eyes.
• Cover coughs and sneezes into your elbow or tissue.
• If you have any symptoms, please stay home.
BE PREPARED & STAY INFORMED
• Check out the health & safety protocols that lodging, eateries and
retail stores are taking, and their expectations of their guests.
• Respect and comply with businesses and employee requests.
• Be patient, stay flexible as we navigate these new habits and
As situations are fluid, please follow these links to check listings for
lodgings, businesses, parks and recreation areas. Many are open, some with
County, State & CDC Information:
CDC: Deciding to Go Out:
Humboldt restaurants open for dine-in and curbside pick-up:
Access to National and State Parks:
Resources to help you plan a memorable and magical visit:
Visit California Information:
Northern Humboldt: ttps://redwoodcoastparks.com
Southern Humboldt: https://www.elevatethemagic.com
Willow Creek: https://willowcreekchamber.com
As you plan your escape, we're mindful that many people are holding Zoom meetings these days, and nothing livens them up like a beautiful backdrop. Enjoy some of our favorite scenery from all over the county.