After twelve long weeks of sheltering-in-place and enduring restrictions on our personal freedoms, we understand the urge to get out and reconnect with nature. And Humboldt is the perfect destination offering the ultimate in ‘back to nature’ opportunities for all ages: fresh air, wide open spaces from the forested mountains to the ocean surf.
We welcome you to Humboldt County.
Health and safety is our focus. Yours and ours.
Our pledge to you: Humboldt County is taking every precaution possible to reduce the spread of the virus by implementing strict health and safety protocols throughout the region. Every business open has been through a county reopening process and display their certification certificates.
We ask you to be a respectful and considerate traveler and guest. Read the following information and tips to have the most enjoyable and stress-free experience.
Humboldt County Visitors Bureau
Travel safely. Be kind. Have fun.
Important Tips ...
For Planning Your Trip
• Wear a mask or face-covering when in public.
• Be aware that Humboldt County has a small healthcare system.
• Keep six feet physical distance from others not in your family unit.
• Wash your hands often.
• Avoid touching your nose, mouth and eyes.
• Cover coughs and sneezes into your elbow or tissue.
• If you have any symptoms, please stay home.
Be Prepared & Stay Informed
• Check out the health & safety protocols that lodging, eateries and
retail stores are taking, and their expectations of their guests.
• Respect and comply with business and employees requests.
• Be patient, stay flexible as we navigate these new habits and
• Respect Mother Nature and wildlife:
• Leave no trash.
• Enjoy a reusable drink container – no plastic bottles.
As situations are fluid, please follow these links to check listings for
lodgings, businesses, parks and recreation areas. Many are open, some with
County, State & CDC Information:
CDC: Deciding to Go Out:
Humboldt restaurants open for dine-in and curbside pick-up:
Access to National and State Parks:
Resources to help you plan a memorable and magical visit:
Visit California Information:
As you plan your escape, we're mindful that many people are holding Zoom meetings these days, and nothing livens them up like a beautiful backdrop. Enjoy some of our favorite scenery from all over the county.