Welcome to Humboldt County!

After being cooped up, we are ready to get out and travel.

Humboldt County recommends that everyone, regardless of vaccination status, wear a mask indoors and in public places to help stop the spread of the Delta coronavirus variant. PLEASE consider getting vaccinated before visiting. Federal health officials have reported that more than 97% people hospitalized for covid and 99% of those who died from the virus, were unvaccinated.

Thank you for protecting yourself, your family and the community.

Warning! Major traffic delays on Hwy 101 south of Crescent City, Del Norte County.
If you are planning to enter or leave Humboldt County on 101, there are significant delays at Last Chance Grade in southern Del Norte County.
Road CLOSED:  Monday - Thursday from 8am – Noon. 3pm - 7pm. Friday: 8am - Noon.
All other times anticipate a 30 minute delay.
For updated information visit:  https://lastchancegrade.com


For travel health and safety information . . .

Read More
Benbow Historic Inn
Benbow Historic Inn
Find Lodging

Frequently Asked Questions

For Group Leaders & Tour Planners



Q:  How can I check the road conditions?

A:  Caltrans is our California Transportation System.  They maintain and develop our highways, as well as update the public on road conditions within California.


Q:  Is there lodging in Redwood National Park?

A:  YES, and also nearby.  Camping in the park is available through California State Parks reservation system www.ReserveCalifornia.com.


Q:  Where can my group eat in Humboldt?

A:  Humboldt County has many options for dining.  Fresh Seafood, Grass-Fed Meats and plenty of Farm Fresh Vegan options are available.  You won't want to miss the local wine, beer, ciders, spirits, coffee or chocolates either.  You are on vacation right?


Q:  Are there Tour Guides to take my group on an outing?

A:  YES!  Do Humboldt like a local!  Be part of your group, kick back and let these professional drivers and guides navigate you through the magical adventure that awaits you.

Tour Guide & Transportation Services

(12-15 passengers)

Pacific Outfitters

Lost Coast Adventure Tours

Redwood Tour Partners

Pride Enterprises Tours

Question:  Where can I Drive Thru a Redwood Tree?

Answer:  Only on the Northern California coast

Not one but three giant redwoods offer motorists the opportunity to steer their wheels through a living tree. All are right off US Highway 101, known as the Redwood Highway, within an hour or so drive of the historic seaport of Eureka. They are privately owned and charge a nominal fee.

Placeholder Image

Over 40 public lands units in Humboldt County, managed by federal, state and local...

Over 40 public lands units in Humboldt County, managed by federal, state and local...

Bride and Groom in the Redwoods
Romance Specials
Get Married in the Redwoods